Thursday, May 7, 2009

Day 13

RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN.
For the last few days. It is the rainy season afterall. Can't really complain too much when it takes off like 5-10 degrees though. Just find some cover when it's coming down.

O-TI-DEN (how are you?)
BO-KO! (good)

What an insane game last night. I ALMOST feel bad for chelsea fans. Almost.

When Essien scored, we were outside having dinner. This unmistakable roar poured out from the town. It sounded like some sort of natural disaster had occured. I knew chelsea scored (everyone here loves chelsea) but I didn't know until I ran to the TV that it was Ghana's national hero who did it. Wild.

There was a little going away dinner and night out for a couple of the volunteers that are leaving today. Needless to say last night was a late one and a very tired/rainy/frustrating day at the hospital. We weren't really doing anything productive in the lab. Mostly they weren't really letting us do things that we're perfectly capable of doing. This hospital placement has been up and down from doing some awesome things to just sitting around and being totally bored. Me and Vincent ended up just playing that game where you put lines and try to make boxes for like an hour.

SOME GOOD NEWS: I got this stuff called bonjella that is really dope for ulcers. It feels a lot better.

I feel like there might be a little bit of a rift growing between me and my room mate after I asked him whether he had a thing for this girl he's been hanging out with. She's also our neighbour. Plus maybe some other issues. I think we're just realizing that we're two very different types of people. Hmmm.

Saturday two of the volunteers are playing in a big rugby match. Ghana vs. Nigeria. It's gonna be a wild one.

This is a quick update. Three weeks or so left only, which kinda bums me out actually.

Watch out for the taxi that's about to hit you.

PS - no 'firehydrant'.
SEAN

1 comment: